Software Engineer: PHP
Confiant is hiring a PHP Engineer to develop a scalable backend architecture that supports our Ad monitoring and scanning solutions. In this new position you will be responsible for creating successful integrations of new features as well as maintaining and evolving existing ones. You will be building a fast-growing product that uses modern technology to adapt quickly to our customer’s needs.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop solutions to support the growing scale of our ad monitoring solutions
- Work closely with a team of very talented Software Engineers to design, develop and support APIs and other server side applications
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Writing unit tests against your code, to be used in our CI workflow
A few words to sum up our technical environment:
We use Linux VMs hosted on AWS to run PHP and Python applications with Nginx, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Google BigQuery.
About the Team
We are a small backend technical team that works with bi-weekly sprints, fast code review and daily deployments to answer our clients’ growing needs. Our technical stack evolves quickly to best solve our growing scale and technical challenges. We look forward to welcoming new members to our team!
- You have a college degree in Computer Science (or comparable)
- You have in-depth knowledge of object oriented programming
- You have experience writing unit tests and can help improve our overall code coverage
- You have serious data modeling and SQL skills
- You have knowledge of server-side Linux maintenance
A few nice to have skills/experience
- Advanced experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Redis
- Knowledgeable of AWS (EC2, RDS, VPCs, networking…)
- Experience with big data storage like Redshift or Google BigQuery
- Dev-ops experience
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Dependent Care FSA
- Stock Options
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contributions
We founded Confiant (then ClarityAd) in September 2013. It came out of a recognition that the world’s most sophisticated advertisers aren't Verizon or P&G, but criminals using the industry for their own, selfish ends. We believe in the intelligent application of technology to fight back and make media safe for everyone. Our team shares a core set of values that bind us together and aligns us on our vision of making digital media safe. We get excited when we can take on big challenges, big competitors, and big technical problems. We take the time to explore and understand our client's real underlying problems so we can find the right solution. We believe that the only way to achieve great things is with a team that works closely together and recognizes that as a group we are greater than the sum of each part. We believe in using automation in ways that are progressively effective and efficient. We believe in sustainable growth, so we can stand on our own feet. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To learn more about us, please visit www.Confiant.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Confiant is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: Confiant does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an Confiant recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.